Monday, March 5, 2012

6th Grade African Masks


It's been a while since I posted. I have some great new spring flower watercolors that I will be sharing with you as soon as the sun comes out again and I can photograph them. Stay tuned!

This past week I was lucky enough to teach a couple more art lessons to the 6th graders at my son's elementary school. We made African masks! All the kids were given the same compressed paper mask base, but all the designs were so original and imaginative!

Don't you just love what the kids did with the grasses and accessories? They really did some amazing work! I think there must be some internal connection we all make to the human face that brings out our inspiration and creativity. The kids made over 60 masks and all of them were so very cool!

A big THANK YOU again to all the wonderful parent art docents who came in to help out with the project!

No comments: