Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Snowy River

"Snowfall, Sammamish River" 18" x 24"  $850 Framed  

This is the Sammamish River, just down the hill from where I live. I wanted to show the quiet stillness that happens when it snows. Snow is not common here in western Washington, and everyone stays home when it snows. I love the silent hush that covers the busy city whenever the snow falls.

It was quite a challenge for me to paint softly and without many edges, but wonderful to have the chance to paint with so many beautiful grays!


I've been going the extra mile with the framing on my latest larger pieces and I'm particularly pleased with this one. I've framed "Snowfall" with a "float frame" instead of my usual double mat. (You can see the soft edges of the painting.) Thank you to Ben Franklin Frame Shop in Redmond for creating this gray weathered frame that compliments the painting so perfectly!

"Snowfall, Sammamish River" will be one of more than 20 of my watercolors hanging in the Woodinville City Hall in an exhibit titled "Seasons in the Wild Garden" during December and January.  The art exhibit is open to the public weekdays during City Hall hours: Monday-Thursday 7:30am-5:00pm and Fridays 7:30am-4:00pm. I hope you'll have a chance to stop in and see this significant show of so many of my watercolors!

Woodinville City Hall
17301-133rd Avenue NE
Woodinville, WA 98072




No comments: