Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Good Eggs!

"Good Eggs"   8" x 8"  $225 Framed

Here's another Redmond Farmer's Market watercolor. This is a fun little one, only 8 inches square.

I've been buying these eggs from Sky Valley Family Farms for several summers now. They are so fresh and tasty and have these rich dark yellow yolks. It makes such a difference when the chickens can run around and eat what they like!

The variety of warm colors in the chicken eggs is so wonderful! When I began the painting, I was thinking the eggs were just different shades of brown. As soon I began mixing colors, I was surprised to learn that the eggs were flesh-tones loaded with pink. I especially like that each egg is one-of-a-kind instead of something uniform and mass produced. And I loved this setting with the old-fashioned tablecloths.

No comments: