Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Farmer's Market

"Buckets of Flowers"  10" x 14"  $475 Framed

This Saturday, May 4th, the Redmond Farmer's Market reopens for the season! I love the farmer's market with its colorful flowers and fresh fruit and vegetables piled high! Such beautiful bounty all within easy reach! I enjoying buying directly from the hands of the people who grow my food. The farmer's market reminds me of the connection and dependence we all have to Mother earth and I always feel so blessed by her generous gifts.

I've been wanting to do some paintings of the Redmond Farmer's Market for years, but I've always been intimidated by the amount of detail in the scenes. I have this natural tendency to paint every little tiny unimportant thing with the same emphasis. This painting is part of my ongoing attempts to try to teach myself to paint only what's really important in a complicated picture. In this painting, the light on the buckets of flowers is what counts most. The sense of crowded busyness is achieved in the background with only simple shapes.

Watch for more farmer's market paintings coming soon!

No comments: