Friday, January 18, 2013

Keeping Warm

"Bushy Tail Blanket"  8"x 8"  SOLD

It's January and everyone is trying to keep warm! This gray squirrel has the most wonderful bushy tail that he can wrap around himself like a blanket when he gets cold. He's also rather fat and fluffy, which helps, I'm sure. This is a view from my kitchen window. I see this furry guy there everyday. He jealously watches me make peanut butter sandwiches through the kitchen window. I think he may be looking over his shoulder at me in a rather guilty pose after stealing from the bird feeder again.

It's been years since I painted an animal, so this was super-fun! Lots of fluffy little brush strokes. I am so pleased to have sold this painting right off the easel to a wonderful friend who plans to give it as a special gift.

No comments: