Monday, February 18, 2013

Agapanthus Bud

  "Anticipation, Agapanthus" 13" x 19"  $475  Framed 

I grow agapanthus in my garden in pots. They are about my most favorite flowers EVER. The super big ones aren't hardy here, so my pots have to go in the garage every winter. (Much to my husband's delight.) At the end of the summer, they send up these 4 foot high blossom stalks that explode into huge blue fireworks! The hummingbirds can't get enough of them!

There is something about this agapanthus bud that I just couldn't resist painting. Tulip buds are pretty, crocus buds are nice, but this is a whole company of buds all emerging at once, getting ready for an impressive show! I just love the anticipation!

Gosh, I had fun with the background on this one, too with all the sunshine sparkles and loose painting. Such an interesting contrast to details like the little water droplets on the bud.

No comments: