Friday, May 18, 2012

The Wisteria


"Wisteria Veil"   10" x 24"

My wisteria is in full bloom in my garden right now. It is just breathtaking. There's nothing like walking under a veil of lightly scented blossoms. Before we had our house, it was always a dream of mine to have a wisteria one day. My husband's parents bought the plant for me 15 years ago when we first bought our house. My husband and father-in-law built the arbor for me. I love how with age, the plant just gets more and more beautiful.

In the painting, I tried to capture how the light filters down through the leaves and flowers and creates a sort of curtain or veil. The softness of the flowers is such a contrast to the geometric hardness of the arbor. The long rectangular design emphasizes the beautiful long blossoms of the wisteria.

1 comment:

Woodies Garden Centre said...

Hey this is really so nice post i am so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for sharing...


Woodies Garden Centre