Saturday, September 24, 2011

Painting Again!


My kids are back in school and I am THRILLED to be painting again! 

The kids and I had plenty of fun adventures this summer. On one of these outings, I followed the advice of one of my gardening friends and took the kids to Russell Watergardens in Redmond.  What a cool place! It looks like nothing from the outside, but the display gardens and koi ponds there are magical!

I must admit, since then, I have developed a terrible koi pond envy. Luckily, I've discovered that by painting a scene, it becomes mine - just like the world Harold creates with his magic purple crayon! In the winter, I paint spring. When the mountains are snowed in and inaccessible, I paint the hikes I love to do. ...And now I've made myself a koi pond complete with the loveliest of waterlilies in perpetual bloom! What an excellent thing to be an artist!


Lilypond Reflections, 13" x 26"

No comments: